Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Parasocial

The problem with parasocial relationships is how personal they become. You feel like you know them so well, even though there's a world of things you never will know. But you love all the things you see. So on the one hand, you're happy for them when they find someone that makes them happy. Thrilled even! Especially when they're finally comfortable enough with that happiness that they can express it publicly. But then you're also jealous because they're no longer available and there's no way they'd see you. Which makes no sense. Because there was literally (literally in it's literal sense. Not a hyperbole. The LITERAL form of the word LITERALLY) zero possibility of anything happening. Not just with fictional characters, but celebrities, too. Because of age gap, distance, social circle, etc. So why does it hurt? 'Cause we're whiny teenagers.

Yeah, I'm talking about Joe Holmes (Plus2Joe) and Kristina Horner (italktosnakes). But this applies to honestly any parasocial relationship. Kyou Sohma comes to mind (aka most perfect boyfriend ever written on a page that, if real, I would drop everything for without hesitation. Once again, speaking literally). Welp Kristina, you are amazing and fantastic and I am so incredibly happy that you've reached a place in your life where you are happy. But I dunno how I'll feel about whatever lucky girl takes Daniel Howell (danisnotonfire). Kidding. When the time comes, she's gonna be fantastic, too, I already know.

Unimportant thoughts. I'm just another 18 year old single girl, who is like everyone else in her demographic. Except I act like a hyper, childish, naive 5 year old. Or a whiny, immature 12 year old depending on my mood. Enough about me. Let's talk about Clara C. 'Cause she's perfect. Better yet, no more words. Just listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Leave your low-down at the ding-dong" -- Vic, RvB