Sunday, November 24, 2013

1D Day

I'm a hardcore fangirl and we all know it (not of One Direction, just in general). But seriously? How could anyone watch reality for 7 hours? Like, what? I have bands I love, too! Youtubers livestream all the flippin time! But who do you think you are broadcasting YOURSELF for 7 hours? About 3 I can manage. If it's for a charity event or kickstarter type of event, sure! I probably won't watch it all live but I'll find the video later and space out my viewings throughout several sittings. But 7. Hours. Straight. GT actual FO my social media, directioners. Shut it down, we're sick of the live tweeting.

The moment I allow any celebrity to make me sit in front of a computer watching them for the majority of my day is the moment I lose myself. It's like admitting "Not only am I a fangirl, I am nothing more than a fangirl. I find you to be far higher than I could ever hope to be, and I am bowing to you. Treat me like property and not like a person, because I am a fangirl. And even though we will never be friends or life partners because, again, we are not equals, maybe you'll mention my twitter name in a video."

Again. Nothing wrong with fangirling. I do it all the time. Twitter interactions bring me inexplicable joy. But I refuse to be a fan of a person or group who would exploit that without supporting a cause other than their own popularity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Leave your low-down at the ding-dong" -- Vic, RvB