Tuesday, November 19, 2013

World's Best Boyfriend

I'd say this is pretty accurate in terms of my life with Jonathan. I made a statement once saying that he was the world's worst boyfriend, but an amazing best friend. And I knew a major reason for that was because he didn't love me. But never has it become so evident as now, while he's with Celeste. This isn't jealousy, I promise. It's merely observation. A happy observation at that. He loves her. I mean, maybe he doesn't even know it yet but it's seriously unbelievable. He treats her like a princess. He knows how to make coffee the way she likes it, and he will bus all the way to school even though he doesn't have class that day just to deliver it to her and surprise her. He goes shopping with her and lets her try on whatever fun clothes she wants. He now knows her taste as well as her clothing size. He's gotten SO GOOD at memorizing all the little details. It's perfect. Seriously, how could you not love that? He's basically the perfect boyfriend. Not for me. Maybe someday, someone will be that for me. But he's the happiest he's ever been with Celeste. Really truly. It's almost encouraging. I can't wait to meet her. Anyone who can have Jonathan this enamored has to be amazing.

Don't worry. I don't miss him. I miss the kisses. The calls. The teasing. The thought that someone might be thinking of me. Who wouldn't miss that? But I don't miss him. Not in a romantic sense anyway. We've both moved on. And to say our lives have both improved is an understatement. I'll always think of what we had, but I'm seriously so ready to have that with someone completely new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Leave your low-down at the ding-dong" -- Vic, RvB