Sunday, December 1, 2013

I Look Like My Mother

If you look really closely, I look a lot like my mother. In our facial structure. Our eyes. Our hair. Our smiles. Even our complexion. I am unmistakably my mother's daughter.

My mother does not like the way she looks. She dyes her hair. She wears colored contacts. She will not step out of the house at all unless her makeup is 100% done. Foundation, blush, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, lips, the works. She doesn't like the way she looks and refuses to let people see how she really looks. Sometimes she even tells me I'd look better with a little more color or some accent to my eyes.

With a mother like that, where the hell was I supposed to gain any self-confidence?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Leave your low-down at the ding-dong" -- Vic, RvB