Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Religion, Politics, & The Great Pumpkin

Be kind. Be respectful. Treat others how you want to be treated. Look at how you can change yourself instead of trying to change others.

Yeah okay.

Here's the issue with that. It only works for so long. Because people always think they're right. And they make it a point to make you feel foolish for believing what you do. I feel like, to some degree, I have to hide how I feel about God. I admit to being Christian proudly, but unless someone asks me directly, I do not preach and I go above and beyond to not offend anyone. I hold my tongue. Why can't you do the same? I get it. You don't believe in God. Alright. Yes, proof in science, I understand. That's great that you believe that. I don't agree, so what do I do? I keep my mouth shut! You, on the other hand, make me feel stupid for obeying the words of my God. You make me feel like an idiot because I care about Salvation. This is my life. This is everything about my life. Why is it so easy for you to just tear it down until there's nothing left?! Why is it so fun for you? I get it, there truly are so many people who call themselves Christian and thrive on hatred and ignorance. But we're not all like that. I make it a point to not be. So when you make fun of us and act like you're superior, it's heartbreaking. Yes, it's hard to be pro-choice in this society. Yes, it's hard to be homosexual. Yes, it's hard to be a teen mom. You know whose fault that is? The fault of any person that is a bigot with a stubborn and hateful heart. But here's a tip: When you blame everything on religion, the bigots at fault are the ones that completely ignore you. You know who does hear it and who takes it to heart? Those of us that know God is loving and that His love is meant to be shared. Those of us that know we're not meant to judge others, but to help and care for one another. The reason we spread His word, the REAL word that is "God is love", is because we legitimately believe in Salvation, and we want to bring the happiness we feel and can feel to others. But now, it's hard to be Christian! Now it's like we're all scared of believing in God because "we're wrong" and "the only reason we believe it is that our parents told us to" or "we need to cling to a fantasy for comfort". We believe it in our hearts! I know with everything in me that He is real and watching me and loving me, but I guess that makes me an idiot in your eyes. Fine, we get it, we've stopped preaching because you don't like it. But now I'm begging you, please, stop trying to change us by calling us stupid and blind. If you don't agree, is it so hard to stay quiet? Because we have been for a long time and it's killing us. It's actually leaving us broken. Can't you tell? All we want is to share God's love, but we get drowned out by the hate for God. How much longer do I have to sit here and watch people turn my life into your joke? It's like some war is going on, and the only people who are trying to solve conflicts peacefully are the ones who get hurt the most. You're not winning anything with your words, but the rest of us sure are losing.

Hooray for internet venting. Where I look whiny and lack eloquence, and people can just scroll right past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Leave your low-down at the ding-dong" -- Vic, RvB