Monday, August 6, 2018

"The Church Friend Group"

I'm putting these words out into the universe.

After watching Nestor & Abby argue and pick on each other all the time, I think a few of us can't help but wonder if Abby has actual feelings. I think Nestor might be somewhat protective of her, but that's probably all. Then again who knows. What do I know? Every time I think I know him, he proves me wrong. Abby, meanwhile, I think might develop feelings. It's complicated. She and I are both aware that, due to the little that she knows about him, she holds him on a sort of pedestal. She considers him an acquaintance, not a friend, but she looks up to him. Because she knows he is a good guy, the kind of guy she wants to be with one day (except Nestor specifically is too serious and boring for her and they would fight a lot she says haha). The fact that she feels like she's not good enough for him kills her because in her mind that means she won't be good enough for the right guy when he comes along either. In terms of Nestor, she just feels like a disappointment. My theory is, especially because of how Samira talks about him, Abby might be searching for a father figure or a brother figure in Nestor. She just hasn't found a similar energy in other guys so Nestor is all she kind of has at the moment. She doesn't want to disappoint him but she feels like she lets him down, even though she thinks that realistically he probably doesn't care. I think it's entirely possible that she might develop feelings because she's looking for protection and will mistake that caring relationship for a romantic one. She also says she knows it's not like that because this feels nothing like when she catches feelings for someone. So who knows. I dunno if I would be prepared for that relationship. Allowing ourselves to think that far, I wouldn't necessarily mind because I love them both and only want them to be happy with good partners. But if something went wrong I don't know how I could ever choose a side. And despite being over Nestor, I think it'd be a hit to my ego. I'd somehow make it about why I wasn't good enough, which I think I'm less likely to do if he meets someone brand new. Funny how that works - when I prayed about Nick's new partner I always wanted it to be someone I knew!

Abby called him an acquaintance. Jaroll says he's not a friend or acquaintance, he's a friend from church which is a whole different category. He says I've crossed over to friends because I'm "just that amazing", to which Abby agreed. I think they mean it. I hope they do because I don't have a separate category for them. It makes me really wonder how they all view each other. What are we to one another?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Leave your low-down at the ding-dong" -- Vic, RvB