Friday, January 25, 2013

Winter Strolls

Element of surprise

With a shocking response

Anticipation

Enamored on sight

Jokes as usual

Cold as usual

Snow on the ground, slippery

Talk of music

Friends

College

Work

Family

So much has changed

Eat good food

Argue, and lose

Fight to stay warm

Laugh as usual

Making fun, nothing new

Spoiling me, because you can

Sit and wait

And freeze

And then you kissed me
And everything just flooded back. And I remembered how good it felt to be with you. I remembered why you're the one I waited for. And how much I'd missed it. Missed you. And I wasn't embarrassed or scared. Or annoyed at your usual ridiculous jokes. I just remembered how perfect it felt. And I suddenly felt so warm with you holding me. Poking me and messing with me, like you always do. Not ever wanting to leave. Thinking about all the things that could be, and laughing because I'd much rather join you. And then what will be, it's a promise. And five more minutes. And one more kiss. And all I want is to stay there, with you kissing me and saying, "I love you." Making me believe absolutely everything you will ever say.

I'll forever remember strolls in the winter with chocolate kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Leave your low-down at the ding-dong" -- Vic, RvB