Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Comeback Kid

Double Meaning

One
Justin Timberlake AND Fallout Boy?
With Destiny's Child at the Superbowl
Let's give it up for 2013!


Two
We did an exercise in my Voice & Movement class. It was meant to relax us. So we lie on the ground, clear our minds, practice our breathing. The usual.

She told us to picture our favorite place, where we are warm, and comfortable. Every step after that was taking us away from that place. Mind you, that was not the focus. We were meant to shift entirely to that new place and new action, but I couldn't.

She said warm and comfortable. I thought of my dorm room. On a Saturday morning, about 9am so I've slept in but not wasted my day. The sun is shining in. I'm wrapped in my warm blanket, and you are there with me. I was meant to be alone, but for some reason you were there, and I was deep in your arms, safe and warm. And as much as I wanted to shift with the images she was giving us, I couldn't because I so desperately wanted to be back with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Leave your low-down at the ding-dong" -- Vic, RvB