Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Guaranteed Constants

Things that are guaranteed to happen for the rest of my life:
  • People will keep saying the word "retarded"
  • People will keep cursing around me
  • People will keep saying the b word, not realizing how misogynistic it is, women included
  • People will keep using the n word, pretending it isn't racist in certain contexts
  • People will keep making rape/date rape jokes
  • People will keep joking about very delicate subjects in harmful ways
  • I will continue to be upset and bothered by all the aforementioned things
  • I will continue to voice my dislike of the aforementioned things
  • I will continue to explain, as calmly and logically as I can, why it isn't okay
  • People will still make excuses for their behavior
  • People will still say everyone gets offended too easily
  • People will still call me a social justice warrior or PC police
  • People will still go on and on about how words shouldn't be given power, despite words being one of mankind's most powerful tools
  • I will always be exhausted by this subject
  • I will always be upset, regardless of all excuses, name calling, and "freedom of speech" rants
  • I will always speak up about it, fully aware of the fact that it may change nothing and even annoy people, in the hopes that someday one person will listen and get it

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Leave your low-down at the ding-dong" -- Vic, RvB