Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Everything Changed 6 Years Ago

6 Years Ago: My grandmother took her last breath. I no longer had either of my grandmothers. I lost the most important woman in my life. Neither of them would see me go to high school. Or turn 15. Or 18. Or graduate high school. Or go to college. Or get my first job. Or maybe one day get married. And have kids. And no boyfriend, husband, or child would ever to get to meet the two women that are my inspirations in so much of my life. And this time, I didn't even get to say goodbye.

6 Years Ago: I received news that my grandmother had passed away and we had to travel to El Salvador immediately. And all I wanted to do was run to you, only you, and have you hold me lovingly. But I couldn't find you. You weren't there for me that day. Funny how that just ended being the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Leave your low-down at the ding-dong" -- Vic, RvB